Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Cool down with a view

Last night I ran on the CC trail. I set out to do 8 miles but it got dark on me, I was nervous on the trail alone, so I turned back after 3.5 miles. Good thing I did cause it was dark when I arrived back in G'town. The last couple of miles, I ran on the C&O Canal and stopped before Key Bridge where there is a stone overpass over the CC trail. The stone over pass is remnants of an old bridge over the Potomac or possibly just the over pass for the railroad. Anyways...this hill affords a beautiful view of Key Bridge, Arlington and the Potomac. Absolutely gorgeous at dusk. I did my stretching here. Next time, when I have more time, I plan to walk out on the overpass (two stone ramps on each side that lead towards the Potomac) to do my stretches. I had a great run but was nervous running on the trail alone....thanks to some co-workers for making me paranoid. Most others on the trail were bikers.

Today I planned to do an extra mile in addition to my planned 5 miles since I only ran 7 yesterday. However, I ran short on time and instread just did a few miles on the recumbent bike and weights. I can do the run tomorrow. It feels nice to allow myself some flexibility. I didn't have time to do the 6 mile run because I met a friend for dinner to let her borrow my bike for the weekend. While on the phone planning dinner, she referred to me as an "aderanline junkie" when I told her I wasn't getting my run in. That's always interesting to hear. When I think about it, though, she's right. I get a high off running like I have never experienced before. Endorphins are good....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home