Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Looking for my motto...

Well, I must admit my motivation has been a little low this week, but it doesn't matter because I still completed my runs so far. In other words, it can't be that bad. Yesterday I ran three miles around my neighborhood and then walked an additional 1o minutes or so until I got back home. Today I ran 5 miles in the gym on the treadmill. My time was a little over 53 minutes, but I am so glad I ran the full 5 miles. For some reason, I didn't think I was going to make it. Not due to my body but more due to getting tired of running or bored. Thank God for music...it can instantly change my mood and outlook. I am done running for now until my long run on Saturday: 10 miles. I hope the weather is good.

I think more than anything my training is taking its toll. While I am getting stronger (love my quads), at the same time, my muscles are more sore and they feel the effect of running 20+ miles/week. They were right when they said this is the hardest part of the training. I am only running a half-marathon so it's really not that bad but it's new to me. I have realized the importance of my rest days. At least one day of rest is vital as part of the training. I have also realized that I perform best when I am following a schedule and working towards a goal. I think after the half-marathon I will follow a "spring training" schedule for my running. I also plan on doing some bike races. Starting in July or August I can begin training again for a fall race.

I have now run over 220 miles since January 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home