Monday, February 27, 2006

Grooveless and hungry

Today I ran 4.5 miles in about 46 minutes, on the treadmill, 2% incline most of the time. I was struggling, though, by the last mile and a half. Just couldn't find my groove and I don't think I ate enough at lunch to provide fuel. I realize this because I could have eaten my left arm after I returned to my office from my run.

There are moments when I feel like this half marathon is no big deal, but then there are days when the reality of running 13 miles sets in. Then it overwhelms me. I just have to realize that this is no different than anything else in life...it takes hard work and dedication. Things don't happen overnight. I also have to rationalize it by telling myself it is only a little over 2 hours of running, not bad, right? I can break it down as well. As my distances increase, I have learned that breaking it down helps. Now I just need to apply this to my dissertation...it's still a bit overwhelming as well.

As of this past Saturday (Feb. 25), I have run over 100 miles since January 1, 2006. That's a great feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home