Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Is it cold outside?

It's December and it was almost 60 degrees today! Fantastic for running! I was in a workshop today which is taking up the majority of my workweek. As soon as we dismissed a little after 4, I went to the locker room and changed for a run. I ran about 4 miles give or take or 41 minutes. It was a great run, probably because I had not run since Friday and was well-rested. I didn't run in TX as much as I had planned to. I understand why people might not train for a marathon during the winter months. It can be a challenge to get a run in outside. First the sun doesn't come up until after 7 AM and then it's gone around 5 PM. I have been letting myself off the hook on running more than usual during this time leading up to the holidays.

I registered last night for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler in DC on April 1. I have been wanting to run in the race but it is difficult to secure an entry. The field is limited to the first 10,000 registrants and sells out in 24 hours. This will definitely be a race to look forward to...several of my girlfriends have signed up for it.

The top of my right foot has been giving me some trouble. I don't know if I tie my shoes to tight or what, but it was annoying me tonight after my run. It doesn't bother me during a run, it bothers me afterward....weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home