Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Simmer down, now...

Well, I am in taper mode. I ran 4 miles today on the treadmill. It rained all day, constant. It was a good run...for about a mile or so I ran a 9:13 min/mile pace. Yesterday I ran 4 miles on part of my usual loop. This past Saturday, Chris and I ran 12 miles along the W&OD trail. We had a good run at just under 11 min/mile pace. Towards the end, I got tired and was ready for the run to be over. I think the fact that I only had 4 hours sleep caught up to me. I didn't return from Urbana, IL on Friday night until 1:30 AM in the morning. My flight in Champaign was delayed as well as my flight in Chicago. I didn't get to bed until close to 3 AM.

I am glad the race is soon. I am feeling burnt out and the repetiveness of the training schedule has taken its toll. It's weird when short runs sometimes seem more difficult than the long runs. I can already tell a difference in my lifestyle. My long, long runs are over and I have more free time...great! Free time actually translates to more time to spend on writing my dissertation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Super Babe said...

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! I can't wait to hear your race report!!! You'll do awesome!

I ran 18 miles today... this is the longest run ever for me (so far) :) You and Christine have been part of my inspiration while I train :)

I wish you the best tomorrow, enjoy, breathe... and RUN!!!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home