Monday, February 13, 2006

Part of me

Today I ran 4 miles on the treadmill, 2% incline. My mileage increases this week from 3.5 miles run to 4 miles runs. My long run will be 6 miles instead of 5 as well. I finished today in about 41.5 minutes so I am happy with that. I am also happy with the fact that I was alone in the gym for the majority of this run and just kept running! So, that's the point of the title of this entry....running has become a part of me. I have come to a point where I can't imagine life without it, even though I am sure it would be an "easier" life. A reoccuring thought that occurs to me is the fact that there was a time that I couldn't even run 1/2 mile. Somedays I can't remember that time but it's there.

For those of you that are keen, you may notice that I missed one of my runs this past week (3.5 miles). We had a major snowstorm this weekend and I was a wimp and wouldn't run in the snow. This is one of those times that I realize I can't be hard on myself for this. Just let it go and get right back on track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home