Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Accountable...

--This was written on January 30. --

Those close to me know that I have been wanting to run a half marathon for a while now, but just can't seem to get my head straight to do it. Well, I figured out that being accountable to me, myself, and I isn't working. So now I reason that keeping this blog may help with my training and hold me accountable. I have no trouble running on a regular basis...the trouble is the long runs. I can't seem to muster over 5 or 6 miles. I need a running partner but nobody is jumping up and down saying "Choose me! Choose me!". I may actually have to join a running club which I have been avoiding because I would rather spend the money on something else. Now I have to make a decision on which marathon to run. I could run the National Marathon on March 25, but that is only 8 weeks away and I believe I need at least 10 weeks to train. Another option is the Country Music Marathon in Nashville at the end of April. That would give me 12 (actually 13) full weeks to train and I would get to do it with my family cheering me on. The only drawback is the travel. I will make a decision in the next couple of days. Now on to this accountability stuff...I ran about 3.4 miles today and did it in 38 minutes. I ran along my usual trail near where I live, which is one of my favorite places to run maybe because it is so familiar and has rolling hills. After my run, I did some stretching and then a set of weights for my chest, back and shoulders. I also did a little ab work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home