Tuesday, February 07, 2006

--This post was written on February 4--

Well, I completed my third week of half-marathon (HM) training this week. I am doing Hal Higdon's training schedule that is designed for the novice HM runner. This week I ran 13.7 miles. It's still a bit overwhelming to think that that is how far I will run in a matter of hours one day. One of the biggest challenges is to actually stick to the training schedule and not overdo it. The days reserved for 2 miles only or stretch and strengthen are hard because I feel like I need to do more to get my heart rate up or exercise longer. I am learning, though, that these days and the day for rest is just as important as the days I run 3 miles. Yesterday I ran 5 miles on the treadmill and it felt great! I also did the majority of the time at a 10 minute/mile pace on the treadmill at an incline of 2. That's a pretty fast pace for me. Anyways, it was nice to get my long run out of the way even before the weekend...especially since the weather has been less than desirable today.
As a side note, I lost 4.2 lbs this week. That's a lot but it is because I am back on track with keeping track of my food. It is crucial that I keep track of what I eat as long as I want to lose weight. I can get away with not counting if I am only maintaining but I want to lose some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home