Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Today I ran two miles (treadmill, 10 minute/mile pace, 2% incline) and struggled a little. Just didn't easily find my groove. My hamstrings were tight as well...ok, enough excuses. Yesterday I ran 3.5 miles (treadmill, little over 10 minute/mile pace, 2% incline) and then did strength training on my chest, back, and one set for biceps and triceps (45 minutes). I also did some stretching. I have found that consistently stretching my leg muscles each day after running really helps. I can also see a marked improvement in my flexibility. Maybe one day I will finally be able to put my foot behind my head.... that's a joke.
One other thing of *positive* note: Some friends are going to a hockey game tonight and while it was very tempting to join them, I wanted to get my run in. I could have done both, but didn't have time to rush, shower and get downtown by 7 pm. Who would have thought that running would be priority over socializing for me??? I hope my running routine stays a priority as the mileage increases each week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home