Sunday, September 02, 2007

Rubbed the wrong way.

Exciting title, huh? Don't you just want to read on?

HW started running this morning at 6:40 AM. I met her close to 7 AM at Swain's and we were on our way down the towpath for 16.5 miles. We ran quietly most of the way and I really can't remember what all I thought about. Around mile 11 or so, I started realizing that I probably was not going to make 16 miles for two reasons; one, I wanted to go on a bike ride later in the day and I needed to conserve some energy for that and two, something had gotten between my shoe/sock and heel and was rubbing me the wrong way, literally. We met up with CR around mile 12 and I let her carry HW home to finish out her 18 miles run. I stopped at Fletcher's and checked out my heel to discover blood. It looked worse than it is. Why I thought I could cover over 16 miles this morning is beyond me. I haven't been training and the most I have run here lately is about 9 or 10 miles. I also ran 6 miles yesterday through my hometown so that means there were hills. The weather is so good here right now that I can't help but want to live outside.

I've got a couple of hours to relax and then I will head out for a bike ride.

1 Comments:

Blogger Super Babe said...

Oh Audrelia... Hope it heals soon. I am jealous of your motivation. I have not really ran much... maybe soon I will see the light again ;)

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home